An inguinal hernia is a condition in which the tissue that forms a part of one’s intestine juts out through some weak spot within the abdominal muscles. This can create a swelling which can be quite painful, particularly when an individual is trying to bend over, lift some heavy object or cough. If a person is affected by an inguinal hernia, it is necessary that the person immediately gets in touch with a medical expert and gets it checked out. While a case of inguinal hernia in itself is not necessarily dangerous, it can lead to serious, life-threatening complications if it does not improve or recover on its own. The doctor is most likely to carry out a surgical procedure in order to repair the inguinal hernia that is enlarging or painful.
There are currently many medical centers that offer inguinal hernia treatment in Bangalore. However, any medical treatment for inguinal hernia starts with a proper diagnosis of the condition. The doctor will first consider the symptoms that the patient might be experiencing. Here is a list of the probable signs and symptoms that a patient might experience if suffering from inguinal hernia.
- A bulge that has developed in areas on the either side of the pubic bone; the bulge is more prominent when the individual sits or stands upright, and strains or coughs;
- Discomfort or pain in the groin, particularly while bending over, lifting or coughing
- An aching or burning sensation around the bulge area
- Pressure or weakness in the groin area
- A dragging or heavy sensation in the groin area
- Occasionally, swelling and pain can develop around the testicles if the protruding intestine gradually descends into scrotum
A patient is said to have incarcerated hernia if he or she is not able to push it in. In such cases, the contents of such a hernia can get trapped within the abdominal walls. Over time, the incarcerated hernia can get strangulated which in turn can cut off the flow of blood to the tissues that are trapped. The condition of strangulated hernia can progress to be life-threatening unless it is treated in time.
- Sudden pains that intensifies quickly
- Vomiting, nausea or both
- Inability to move the bowels and/or pass gas
- A hernia bulge which turns purple, red or dark
In order to diagnose the condition, a doctor will first carry out a thorough physical exam and see if there are any bulges in the groin region. The doctor may also recommend diagnostic tests such as abdominal ultrasound, MRI scans or CT scans. Once the doctor is sure about the fact that it is an inguinal hernia, he or she may recommend surgical means to remove the hernia. There are two different types of surgical methods for removing hernia, namely open hernia repair and laparoscopy. The doctor is going to consider the specific nature of the case before choosing any one of the procedures, both of which has a high success rate.
At present lots of medical centers are providing the inguinal hernia treatment in Bangalore, among all consult the hospital who have highly experienced doctors.