A Hernia is a common problem amongst men and women of any age group. When we use the term Hernia, then it is a generic name given to a category of ailments. When the soft tissues of the internal abdominal layer weaken, they become visible in the form of bulges or tears.
Hernia treatment in Bangalore becomes quite easy due to the advancement of medical science. Today, we have several methods of treating it, and it depends on the condition of the patient and severity of the problem, what methods doctors use?
What is Inguinal Hernia?
As discussed, there are several types of a hernia. An inguinal Hernia is one of the common types of Hernia that is quite costly in countries like the UK or the USA. However, in India, we get the treatment at reasonable prices.
It affects the groin area when the bowel muscles become weak, and they protrude into the groin through the abdomen. In the majority of the cases, either the intestine or bladder protrudes through the inguinal canal.
Doctors say that amongst several types of Hernia, e.g. muscle hernia, incisional hernia, hiatal hernia or femoral hernia; Inguinal Hernia is quite common.
Clinics that offer Hernia treatment in Bangalore check and diagnose the case thoroughly before deciding the plan of action.
Causes and Symptoms of Inguinal Hernia
Well, many doctors blame heredity, the correlation has to be established yet. Other reasons are lifting heavy weights without proper training; sudden weight gain, chronic cough or muscle injury. In some cases, it is present by birth, but the symptoms appear in adulthood.
- Swelling in the groin area or abdomen
- Pain in the groin or abdomen area during physical activity
- Bulge appears in the standing position but it goes back when you lie down
- Strangulation of the hernia
- Open procedure: It is the traditional method where surgeons cut open the site and isolate the hernia. It is put back to the original location and the wall is stitched. Also, they add a synthetic mesh or screen to give strength to the weakened wall.
- Laparoscopic procedure: It is advanced surgery that is fast, easy and requires a small incision. A special device called Laparoscope is used to perform the operation.
As discussed earlier, the treatment method is decided after checking the severity of the problem. Also, the physical condition of the patient, age, and overall health are other important factors.
If you are suffering pain in the lower abdomen, to overcome from pain contact the best doctors for Hernia treatment in Bangalore.